Adoption Lawyer Throughout Columbia, SC & Surrounding Communities
Glenn Lister understands the family courts in Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Orangeburg and surrounding South Carolina communities. We understand the legal system and how the family courts work. We want to ensure that each and every child is placed into a loving home.
Termination of Parental Rights
Under South Carolina law there are many ways that parental rights can be voluntarily or involuntarily terminated.
- A child has been in foster care for 15 of the most recent 22 months
- The courts have determined that the child has been abandoned as an infant
- The biological parent has either committed or aided, abetted, conspired, or solicited to commit murder, voluntary manslaughter, or homicide by child abuse of another child of the parent
- Has committed felony assault through serious bodily injury to the child caused by the parent
- Murdered the child’s other parent
Glenn Lister has been practicing adoption law since 1977 & specializes in other areas of adoption including (but not limited to):
- Foreign Adoption
- Grandparent/Step-Parent/Family Adoption
- Private Adoption
- Agency Adoption
- Birth Parents Adoption
Contact Glenn Lister for proper legal representation in South Carolina today!