Having a temporary or permanent home for a child that has been given to the Department of Social Services is a very important step in the safety and well-being of a child. Lister Law Office, a foster care lawyer in Mount Pleasant, SC, has represented foster parents during the entire process of adopting a child through the Department of Social Services including the termination of birth parent rights. He has represented clients throughout South Carolina including Summerville, Charleston, Ladson, Knightsville, and Lincolnville, SC and surrounding areas.
Requirements of Being a Foster Parent in South Carolina:
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Medical/Background/Criminal Checks
- Home Fire & Sanitation Inspections
- Meet Income Requirements
- Positive Homestudy
- Physical Examination
- 14 hours of Pre-Licensing Training; 28 hours of training every 2 years
- Must be Licensed, Approved & Certified by the state of South Carolina
- Ensure that the homestudy and/or background check for the client was done fairly
- Ensure proper legalization of adoption
- Ensure that all requirements have been met by the adoptive parents
For more information on foster care adoption and our agency adoption and step-parent adoption assistance, contact our adoption law offices today!