Having a temporary or permanent home for a child that has been given to the Department of Social Services is a very important step in the safety and well-being of a child. Glenn Lister, a foster care adoption lawyer in Charleston, SC, has represented foster parents during the entire process of adopting a child through the Department of Social Services including the termination of birth parent rights. He has represented clients throughout South Carolina including, Columbia, SC, Beaufort, SC, Orangeburg, SC, Myrtle Beach, SC, Charleston, SC, Walterboro, SC, Mt Pleasant, SC and surrounding areas.
Requirements of Being a Foster Parent in South Carolina:
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Medical/Background/Criminal Checks
- Home Fire & Sanitation Inspections
- Meet Income Requirements
- Positive Homestudy
- Physical Examination
- 14 hours of Pre-Licensing Training; 28 hours of training every 2 years
- Must be Licensed, Approved & Certified by the state of of South Carolina
Foster Care Adoption Attorney Duties For Orangeburg, SC, Myrtle Beach, SC & Surrounding Areas:
- Ensure that the homestudy and/or background check for the client was done fairly
- Ensure proper legalization of adoption
- Ensure that all requirements have been met by the adoptive parents
For more information on foster care adoption and our other adoption services call our adoption law offices today!