Lister Law Office is a birth parents adoption attorney that understands it is not an easy decision to place a child up for adoption. As one of the leading birth parents adoption lawyers throughout Mount Pleasant, Summerville, Charleston, Ladson, Knightsville, and Lincolnville, SC and surrounding areas, he is experienced in alleviating the legal stress through properly representing you and your child. We will work hard to ensure that your child is placed with adoptive parents that share valuable qualities and have gone through proper procedures.
Valuable Qualities in Potential Adoptive Parents
- Being an advocate for the child
- Secure, stable and flexible lifestyle
- Ability to communicate effectively with the child
- Accepting of the child’s feelings & emotions
- Good team players
- Have a reliable support system
- The potential adoptive parents will also have to go through extensive background checks to ensure they are the right fit.
The potential adoptive parents will go through extensive background checks and procedures to ensure that the child is placed in the right home.
- Criminal Background Check
- Sex Offender Registry Check
- Child Abuse Registry Check
- Investigation & Approval by the South Carolina Department of Social Services
- Guardian ad Litem is assigned to represent the best interest of the child
For more information, contact our birth parents adoption attorneys, private adoption lawyers, and private adoption professionals today!