Adoptions and Services
As child adoption lawyer in Charleston, SC, we primarily specialize in adoption law, adoption services, name changes, wills and powers of attorney for clients throughout South Carolina. Please browse through our adoption and lawyer services and contact our office with any questions. Our services include:
- Birth parents: We want to assist birth parent(s) considering adoption in making the right choice for them and in finding the right adoptive family. We will work to provide the adoption services and assistance needed to make the adoption a successful process without costs.
- Private adoptions: We offer legal representation for placements for adoption purposes between the birth parent(s) and adoptive parent(s), both in state and out of state.
- Agency adoptions: Our firm provides legal representation for placements for adoption service purposes between an adoption agency and adoptive parent(s), both in state and out of state.
- Social services: We also provide legal representation for adoption services for placements made by the Department of Social Services with adoptive parent(s), both in state and out of state.
- Foster care: We work with foster parent(s) both prior to and/or after adoption placement made by the Department of Social Services, including termination of parental rights.
- Grandparent/Step-parent/Family adoptions: Lister Law Office serves as a family adoption lawyer in Charleston, SC for inter-family adoption matters—whether by a grandparent, stepparent or other family member—both prior to and/or after adoption placement, including termination of parental rights.
- Interstate adoptions: Our firm also provides legal representation for adoption matters where an adoption placement occurs across state lines in the U.S.
- Foreign adoptions: If you need legal representation for adoption matters where you have an adoption placement occurring in a foreign country, but need to finalize the adoption in South Carolina, we would be pleased to serve as your child adoption attorney in Charleston, SC.
- Domestication of foreign adoption: We provide legal representation to help South Carolinians where they have an adoption placement occurring and finalized in a foreign country and only desire to obtain a South Carolina Certificate of Foreign Birth (birth certificate).
- Termination of parental rights: Our services are available to those who wish to voluntarily or involuntarily end the rights of natural parent(s) in order to free a child up to be adopted.
- Name changes: We offer legal representation to accomplish the changing of the current name of an adult or a minor.
- Paternity: Legal representation when determining the paternity of a child can provide a safeguard for your rights. We are pleased to offer this service.
- Wills/powers of attorney: We provide legal representation to prepare wills and related documents.
To learn more about how Lister Law Office can assist you, or to receive more information on adoption services or adoption law, please call us today at 843-884-0555.